Friday, January 23, 2015

The start of the last semester!

January 23, 2014


So, it is the start of the last semester already! I can't believe it! We already had our first exam and Mardi Gras is in the horizon, as well as the Super Bowl.  I am a little tired of hearing the deflate gate arguments, being a Patriots haha, but nevertheless, I love my team and can't wait for the Super Bowl! Woohoo! Go Pats!
Second Harvest Food Bank

A few weeks ago, I started my first volunteering of the semester as well.  A small group of us volunteered for Second Harvest, which is a non-profit organization that provides food for families in need.  We got to weigh a bunch of food items and package them in boxes for shipment.  It was kind of fun working the scales and boxing up the items (until I cut my hand of the scale not once, but twice). I am beginning to see a pattern in my volunteering where if anyone gets injured during the volunteer time, it is usually me haha. Oh well, at least I am surrounded by a bunch of soon-to-be doctors, so at least I am good hands! :)

The Tulane Masters' students are on the Second Harvest Wall of Volunteers!


I am excited to see what this semester is in store! I am also excited to start our co-ed flag football season...go team :).

Cait the Bostonian

No comments:

Post a Comment