Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Mardi Gras Break

February 25th, 2015


Well, I can't believe it, but March is right around the corner! Looking back, I feel like this year has flown by! Mardi Gras was earlier this year than last year, so we were able to get a much needed break. We had two big exams back to back in the weeks prior, so it was great to be able to enjoy the parades after those exams and relax for a bit and enjoy the city.  Endymion was an absolute blast, and my best friend who is also in this program got some great news that she got into LSU medical school! Yay Antonia! I am super excited for her and proud of her for such an awesome accomplishment. I have decided that I am going to stay in New Orleans after this program and establish residency so I can try and join her next year at LSU New Orleans. I really love this city and I love the great people I have met through this program.

Antonia and I at Endymion right before she found out she got accepted to LSUmed!




A few days ago, we received an email about picking up our caps and gowns.  I haven't seen my family since Christmas, and given this awesome winter up in Massachusetts I so luckily avoided, my entire family is more than happy to fly down south for graduation haha.  I am excited to graduate and see everyone, but I will really miss everyone in this program so much.  We won our second flag football game the other day, after a tough first loss.  Our big win the other day was due to a forfeit by the other team haha but nevertheless we are 1-1 and were able to have a great practice during our scheduled game time.

We have one more med pharm block exam and then comes the studying for the huge NBME exam which is only a few short weeks away!

More updates to follow but I am thankful to be avoiding the Massachusetts snow and looking forward to getting my Louisiana license and becoming an official resident!

-Cait the Bostonian/ transitioning to NOLAian


No comments:

Post a Comment